In an effort to promote unity and to eradicate the divisiveness and dissention that often attends the formation of any organization, we are united in the common goals of perpetuating the teachings of Bruce Lee, and promoting unity among instructors of his martial art, followers of his thought and understanding and tolerance among our general members. All members of The Bruce Lee Foundation agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
1) To always respect and protect the name and image of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do and of its founder, Bruce Lee.
2) To have mutual respect for each member, and to refrain from making any negative comments about a fellow member. If a member has a grievance with another member, it shall be addressed in private, or, if both parties desire, with the Nucleus serving as mediator. The grievance shall not be debated in a public forum.
3) To share philosophical insights and technical knowledge freely with each other, in order to further enhance each person's comprehension of the teachings of Bruce Lee and/or efficiency in his martial art.
4) In martial art: To be fully responsible for the actions of your subordinates, assistants, associates, instructors, and employees, and to enforce a Code of Ethics that includes the guidelines set forth in this document. For example, if a member who happens to be a martial artist has a problem with a student of another member, they are to bring it up with that member for redress.
5) In martial art: To have respect for any other area of study or discipline a member may be involved in outside of Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. In other words, if a member studies another martial art, their ability should be highly regarded, although any other discipline should not be referred to as Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.